Prerequisite to Entry
- Applicant must have completed grade 12, be 18 years or older and provide a transcript of school marks or a copy of graduation certificate. If grade 12 has not been completed and an applicant is 21 or older, they may apply as a mature student.
A mature must have the following:
- a letter outlining future plans and the reasons they expect to successfully complete the program
- 3 letters of reference – work or personal references stating they believe the applicant can successfully complete the program
Atlantic Petroleum Training College (APTC) requires the following information for enrollment:
- Application for admission including references.
- School transcripts or apply as a mature student.
- Completed Fitness Certification Form.
- Students must pay a non-refundable $100.00 deposit (cash, debit, VISA, Mastercard, certified cheque or money order made payable to Atlantic Petroleum Training College) to guarantee a seat in the Floor-Hand course. This $100 dollars will be deducted from the tuition cost.
- All the above documentation MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO desired course date before a student can be considered registered.
- A current resume is recommended, before or during the course.
- Students are supplied the following:
- - hardhat (CSA approved),
- - coveralls,
- - safety glasses (CSA approved),
- - work gloves
- Students must provide:
- - steel-toed boots (CSA approved),
- - appropriate weather gear.
- The oil industry contractors recommend students have a valid driver’s license with air brake endorsement. APTC will provide Nova Scotia air brake manuals. Please note that upon completion of this air brake endorsement (03) a copy of the driver's abstract is to be provided to the College
- St. John Ambulance provides the 2-day First Aid course.
- H2S Alive is provided by Survival Systems Training on site.